Google Shopping Organic Listings Now Free Globally To Help Retailers Reach Maximum Crowds
It all started in April 2020. Google made this decision of opening up Google Shopping targeted towards free listing for all the amazing US merchants out there. It started with the basic Google Shopping tab, and then it got expanded to the major search results section. Later that week, Google was kind enough to expand its Google Shopping Listing to make it free globally.
This change with the Google shopping organic listings now free globally and eCommerce SEO is a life changing one for most of the professionals out there. It makes shopping an easier piece of cake for all.
The rightful announcement made:
Google announced that they are bringing in free listings to the Shopping tab in some countries across Latin America, Asia, and Europe. Just like they don’t charge sites to be any part of Google Search index, listings for all the participating retailers are meant eligible to appear in the current results at not a single cost to them. However, the paid lists are likely to continue in the present Google ad shots. Those areas are likely to operate in the same possible manner as Shopping Ads work these days.
When and how to participate in the same:
This entire change with Google listing is going to start mid-October 2020 as per the Google schedule. Moreover, the steps to participate in this section were pretty simple, to say the least. Let’s learn about those processes right now.
- First of all, you have to upload product feeds to the present Google Merchant Center account.
- After that, you must opt for the Surfaces available on Google program first of all.
- It helps you to allow your items to show in the relevant search results across Google Search.
- It will also work on Google shopping tab and on Google images, to say the least.
The reasons behind the free shopping listing:
By offering some of the free shopping listings, Google will get the opportunity to procure more items in front of the desired people in need of them. With so many shopping searches on Google on a daily basis, most retailers have items that people need but less discoverable online. To sort out the issues, this free global shopping ad makes sense.
- The rollout of the said free shopping listing currently in the USA will increase the engagement value between merchants and customers.
- Moreover, businesses are likely to generate a lot from free listings and help to generate billions of dollars within their annual sales in return.
- Those retailers who are able to afford to pay for the present Google Shopping listings can also take the help of this option.
- Even the paid listings will be there in ad slots in some of the regular search results. It appears above the free list in the shopping tab.
This change in the shopping tab is here to stay for long and would change online shopping advantages for retailers to a great extent. Reaching a SEO agency for online shopping will help.