Types of Facebook Ads & Ideas to Get Sales, Leads & New
Run lead ads to simplify mobile sign-ups. Facebook’s lead ads feature simplifies the mobile sign-up process by creating instant forms that auto-populate user information based on their Facebook profiles. These forms streamline the process and make it easier Considering the multitude of advertising choices offered by Facebook nowadays, where should one begin? Moreover, how can you determine the most suitable ad formats based on your objectives and budget? Let’s delve into the details of each Facebook ad type and learn how to leverage them effectively to optimize your campaigns.
Understanding the Concept of Facebook Advertising
Facebook advertising operates on a pay-per-click (PPC) model, also referred to as cost-per-click (CPC) advertising. Under this model, advertisers are charged by the network for each user click on their Facebook ads.
Facebook advertising is a valuable tool for marketers as it allows them to enhance the visibility of their ads, establish brand awareness, and effectively measure specific metrics and campaign goals. This data-driven approach aids in the creation of improved and optimized campaigns in the future.
Considering this context, we will share an overview of the main Facebook ad formats and their appropriate usage. As a Facebook marketing agency, we’ve developed the experience and expertise needed to scale your business.
Types of Facebook Ads
Given the abundance of advertising options available on Facebook today, it can be challenging to determine where to start. Additionally, it can be difficult to choose the appropriate ad formats that align with your objectives and budget.
Let’s explore the intricacies of each Facebook ad type and discover effective strategies to maximize your campaigns.
Image ads are the most basic Facebook ad format, consisting of a single image along with an optional footer and copy. These ads are perfect for showcasing visually appealing content and can be used effectively at any stage of the sales funnel. Creating image ads is quick and easy, but keep in mind that they may not be suitable if you want to promote multiple products or convey multiple messages.
Use image ads to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Promote a specific product or service
- Convey a simple message
Similar to image ads, video ads utilize a single video to promote your brand, product, or message. Video ads tend to generate higher engagement compared to other ad formats, as the moving elements and sounds enable more dynamic storytelling. For optimal results, Facebook recommends keeping your video ads short (15 seconds or less) and utilizing video templates for easier creation.
Use video ads to:
- Boost brand awareness
- Capture viewers’ attention quickly
- Deliver a focused message
Carousel ads allow you to showcase up to 10 images and/or videos within a single ad. Each “card” in the carousel has its headline, description, link, and call to action. Users can navigate through the carousel by swiping on mobile devices or clicking arrows on computer screens. Carousel ads work well for businesses with a limited product lineup.
Use carousel ads to:
- Promote multiple products, each linking to a relevant landing page
- Highlight various features or benefits of the same product
- Explain a step-by-step process
Collection ads build upon the concept of carousel ads by including a cover image or video followed by three product images. When users interact with the ad, they are immersed in a full-screen “Instant Experience” where they can browse your entire product catalog, including descriptions and prices, and make purchases. Collection ads are particularly beneficial for larger businesses with a wide range of products and offerings.
Stories ads appear at the top of the feed and they show up as users tap through stories at the top of their feed. Story ads get displayed to your target audience as long as your campaign runs. These ads have proven highly effective in driving conversions, with users taking actions such as browsing the brand’s website for more information or visiting websites to make purchases.
Use stories ads to:
- Inspire action
- Deliver dynamic content without extensive production costs
- Engage your audience with a captivating full-screen experience at a glance
Other ad types
Depending on your objectives and placement settings, you may encounter additional Facebook ad types not mentioned above, such as lead ads, event ads, or Messenger ads.
A few ideas to assist with generating sales, leads, and attracting customers through Facebook
Here are a few ideas that you can expect when hiring social media marketing services for Facebook advertising.
- Run targeted ads to expand the reach of your content. Utilize Facebook’s advanced targeting options to create ads that specifically target your desired audience based on location, age, gender, interests, and more. Boosted posts, right-hand column ads, and News Feed ads are three primary ad formats that can be used for lead generation. Tailor your ad content and design to optimize results.
- For mobile users to submit their contact details. Take advantage of this feature to enhance lead generation efforts.
- Utilize Facebook Live videos to remind people to register. Facebook Live offers an opportunity to engage with your audience more spontaneously and authentically. Use live videos to promote your lead generation offers, such as events or open Q&A sessions, and encourage viewers to register or take action. Repeat the CTAs throughout the video to accommodate new viewers joining at different times.
- Request input from your Facebook audience about your products. Engage your audience by posting status updates and requesting feedback on your products or services. Provide a link to a landing page where people can try your tool or receive additional information. Be prepared to respond to comments promptly, both positive and negative, and use negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Utilize Facebook to post landing pages that feature your offers directly. A highly effective lead generation approach on Facebook is to redirect users to a landing page that showcases your offer. Ensure that the landing page includes an engaging featured image that Facebook will use in the post.
Reach out to us, your reliable social media marketing agency to help you grow your business through Facebook marketing.